- How do I get potholes in the alley repaired
Call 311 and receive project reference number, Contact SHCC through SHCC website for assistance if issue is unresolved after three (3) weeks.
- What can I do about cars parked without moving for an extended time period?
It is against City Ordinance to park a car on a public street for more than 24 hours without moving it at all. If there is a problem with a car parked for an extended time on your street, call 311 to report it and request enforcement of the Ordinance. A courtesy call to the person owning the car (if known) would be preferred but not required.
- What can I do about signage placed in public Right of Ways?
The City of Houston has a sign Ordinance. The placement of signs on public property without a permit is illegal. For removal of signs illegally placed in public rights of way between sidewalk and curb or in esplanades, call 311
- What can I do when a car is blocking a sidewalk or parked facing the wrong direction?
It is against City Ordinance to block a sidewalk or is parked facing the wrong direction. If there is a problem with a car parked illegally, call 311 to report it and request enforcement of the ordinance. A courtesy call to the person owning the car (if known) would be preferred but not required.
- What should I do if I believe there is a violation of Southampton's Deed Restrictions?
SHCC Deed Restrictions are defined elsewhere on this website. If you believe a violation exists, contact SHCC via phone at 713-523-SHCC (7422), or send an email from the Contact Us.
- What should I do if I have an issue with a neighbor's water run-off from sprinkler, pool, jacuzzi, vegetation overgrowth, new construction damage, etc.
It is preferred that communication amongst the individual parties be the first step because this has best possibility of resolving the issue and maintaining good relationships. In some cases neighbors might not know of the problem and be willing to remedy. If the issue is related to a City of Houston Code violation then notify the City by calling 311.
- Who do I contact about a barking dog, loud music, or construction before or after hours permitted under the Ordinance
If unable to resolve directly with persons responsible for the noise, call 311 or the non-emergency police number 713-884-3131. The City of Houston has a Noise Ordinance.
- Who do I contact about flooding in my street?
Call 311 and receive a project reference number. Most situations are caused by clogged sewers. If problem is unresolved after 3 weeks or it occurs frequently, call SHCC at 713-523-SHCC (7422).
- Who do I contact for City infrastructure problems, such as curbs, alley flooding, aprons, uneven grades?
Contact City of Houston by dialing 311. These types of issues generally fall under Capital Improvement Projects and may involve a petition process that is co-ordinated by SHCC. Contact SHCC via email to make Executive Director aware of the problem.
- Who do I contact to address Graffiti
Call 311 to report graffiti and receive a project reference number. The City will need an exact address including the block number(s) and the address of the nearest building. Contact SHCC by phone at 713-523-SHCC (7422) or email using Contact Us on this website if issue is unresolved after three (3) weeks.